• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Interesting movie - The Upside

Started by buster, June 04, 2019, 07:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buster

At last night's meeting, I did mention a movie I really liked called The Upside, about a paraplegic who ends up hiring a sort of criminal to be his assistant. Sounds sort of sad, but it isn't at all. What I forgot to mention is that it's based on a true story.

Interesting, as well as hugely funny in parts. Hard not to grin. Two thumbs up from both Buster and Harry
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

Cool. I like Bryan Cranston and sounds like an interesting story. Looks like Critics hated it but audiences loved it. I'll have to check it out.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

" Critics hated it but audiences loved it."

Yes. Odd. But other people I know just loved it. Maybe critics saw it as a political, racial, or philosophical movie that had shortcomings. Mostly it's a movie about two really different guys who like each other. And of course there are  the two love stories.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

Yeah, bad critic ratings don't put me off if audiences (in this case, Tomatometer user ratings) like it.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13