• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Website for trying out distros online

Started by Jason, June 16, 2019, 03:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Here's a website where you can test Linux distros without installing anything. You test them through your web browser and you have complete control, can install programs, change the configuration and everything. Each test gives you up to 2 hours. This Forbes article has more about it.

The site seems to be under heavy load right now since it was mentioned in the Forbes article so you might want to bookmark it and check back in a day or two.

Let me know what you think below. Would this save you time?
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

Wow; this is a very nice feature. I didn’t know it was even possible.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

Trying out Edubuntu on it now. It took maybe a minute or two of waiting in the queue. It moves fast. I was originally at position 23. Obligatory screenshot for proof below. It is really laggy right now. The mouse jumps around the screen. Not sure if this is an issue of server load or the particular VPN that I'm using. Not really usable right now but I'll try again later.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13