• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PrimeOS

Started by fox, May 18, 2019, 07:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

I'm glad that I was wrong about it not working as a live distro. That's pretty cool. You'll have to try some apps to see how good it really is.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

I downloaded the standard version, installed it on a usb stick with Ether, and it started right up on my iMac. It's pretty impressive. Windows can be resized. Google Play Store works. And it's pretty fast in live mode. One thing that wouldn't work is sound, and I couldn't figure out how to enable it. But the biggest problem I had was the download itself. I got two locations: Washington DC and Québec. The first was dog slow; the second would go so far and then end in failure. I tried many times and never got any locations other than those two. I finally got the Québec one working at midnight.

The standard version also worked on my Dell xps, this time with sound enabled. Touch works here. But youtubes were a bit choppy, including the sound.

The live mode doesn't seem to save settings or downloaded apps. Anyone know if it has a persistent mode?
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13