• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG meeting announcement list

Started by Jason, April 01, 2019, 10:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

I hope that everyone saw the announcement for the cancellation of the meeting tonight.

Using the list from a couple of meetings ago, I invited everyone that wasn't already on it to the meeting announcement list at Yahoo! Groups. This is the best way to get reminders and notices of cancellations as it's pushed out to your email and you don't have to remember to check the website. If you're not on it, you can join here:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/plug-ann/info
You will have register for a Yahoo! account or login with it if you already have one.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

I guess everyone got the cancellation notice, Jason. No one posted that they met up at T Hortons. :-)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

I guess. When I get around to it, probably on the weekend, I'll post my presentation slideshow here. You guys have waited long enough :)
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

cod3poet

I propose just using a standard email list rather than a yahoo list, it serves the same purpose but makes management easier. Jason can you email me a copy of the contact list that you had gathered please?
Arch, Windows, Ubuntu, MacOS. In that order. (Definitely 04/2023)
Ryzen9 5950x/128gb/2tbNVME/8TB(Current)Win11
8th gen i7/32gb/1tbNVME(Current)Arch
Macbook Pro 16/2021 m1/32gb(Current)Work
Comptia CNSP / Azure Devops Eng Expert / VMware Certified/ Sec Automation Engineer / Senior SRE

Jason

Done! I thought a copy had been sent to you but must've been missed. I installed phplist on the server but never got around to setting it up. I can send you the details if you like or put in some effort myself into setting it up before the next meeting.

If you meant just using using a group email, I'd suggest not doing that as there should be at least two admins with access to it and there's no easy way for people to add themselves. But a phplist or some other list software would make it so members wouldn't have to have a Yahoo ID at least.