• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Hibernation and other energy modes in Linux distros

Started by Jason, December 30, 2018, 10:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

Mike, I think that Acer 11" is similar and about the same age as my Acer 11".  I bought a new battery off ebay, for it a number of years ago for I think, around $30 (from china, free shipping as well, I think). Pretty inexpensive.
If you still are intending to use and hang on to the notebook, you might want to check out ebay.  Just make sure you get the correct battery for the computer.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

Thanks, Bill. I originally bought this as an inexpensive computer with which to try out various Linux distros. It's pretty small, lightweight (under 3 lb), and was much faster than the usual 10" netbooks that were available at the time. One nice feature of it is that most things plug into it without an adapter; for that reason I used it to make several PLUG presentations. But except for the plug in part, the Dell xps 13 I have is better in every way - much faster, same weight, and almost the same footprint with a 13" display. For these reasons, I don't use the Acer anymore and while $30 is pretty cheap to put a new battery in it, I don't think it would pay to do that and then sell it.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13