• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

CANCELLED - Still outbreak -- PLUG Meeting January - CANCELLED

Started by cod3poet, December 26, 2018, 11:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cod3poet

As potentially on as weather and location allows I am trying to source another location so we can at least have it somewhere next week.
Arch, Windows, Ubuntu, MacOS. In that order. (Definitely 04/2023)
Ryzen9 5950x/128gb/2tbNVME/8TB(Current)Win11
8th gen i7/32gb/1tbNVME(Current)Arch
Macbook Pro 16/2021 m1/32gb(Current)Work
Comptia CNSP / Azure Devops Eng Expert / VMware Certified/ Sec Automation Engineer / Senior SRE

Jason

It's pretty close to February now so I'd suggest just having a meeting in February, perhaps postponing it until the end of February (if possible) so their quarantine is most likely to be over. That would give you more time to find an alternate location if you want to do that, as well.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

I have to disagree with Jason. We've had a number of cancellations since the fall, and we stopped having PLUG MUGS as well. I think we need to meet regularly to survive as a club. If the quarantine is still on next week and there is no alternate venue, so be it. But if we can meet this month, I think we should. Even if the meeting is a week or two before the scheduled February meeting.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

We only had one cancellation of a PLUG meeting before this, I believe, September.

And we haven't stopped having MUGs, it's just up to the members to try and schedule them and that hasn't happened too often. I'd be happy saying we have a PLUG MUG back on a regular day again as long as somebody shows.

And if a regular meeting is cancelled, we can make it known that there will be a MUG at the regular Tim Horton's at the same time. That'd be good to catch anybody who didn't realize a meeting was cancelled or just want to get together anyway.

I also worry about having another meeting and then having to cancel it, too because the quarantine is still on which could be very likely. If we have our regular meeting in February instead, we can do it the first Monday as usual and at least we'll be giving them two weeks for the illness to pass instead of one.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13