• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Brexit hugely important, and a big plot development occurs Tusday

Started by buster, December 10, 2018, 01:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

buster

Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

buster

(The eagle has landed.)

This is the most outrageous leadership any parliament has ever given its people. It's not just making wrong decisions, it's making no decisions for a couple of years now. 10 days to Brexit and no useful plan. Anger, frustration confusion rule the day. Calamity sits waiting to devour the Brits. (Read about a hard Bexit.) And probably 53 or 54 % of the population doesn't want to leave the EU.

Type 'Brexit' in Google and read.

Jason

And here I thought that FPTP provided strong stable government :)
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

Not sure any system here would work. Good people can make almost any system work in crisis. Stupid, self interested people can impede the best system man can devise. Both sides of my family have roots near Bristol, so I have a personal, if just sentimental, interest in their well being. My primary reaction is anger.

buster

Symbolism alert! The break from the EU has been extended til Halloween.

Jason

I'm not sure what will change if she can't get her own party to support the withdrawal agreement and it looks like the EU has indicated there won't be a new agreement. But then again they also said there wasn't going to be an extension beyond April 30 before so who knows? I think she will have to take the agreement to to the public in a referendum to get it passed. "Vote Yes to exit under these conditions or vote no to stay in the EU".
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13