• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG Meeting December

Started by cod3poet, December 03, 2018, 09:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cod3poet

PLUG Meeting December

Due to personal reasons I will not be able to attend to provide the planned Linux as a home firewall demo, the room is still available for anyone else who wishes to do an impromptu presentation.

Date: Monday, December 3rd, 2018 - 7 PM
1500 Lansdowne Street West, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.
Parking is on the east (right) side. Entrance is at the front of the building. 
Arch, Windows, Ubuntu, MacOS. In that order. (Definitely 04/2023)
Ryzen9 5950x/128gb/2tbNVME/8TB(Current)Win11
8th gen i7/32gb/1tbNVME(Current)Arch
Macbook Pro 16/2021 m1/32gb(Current)Work
Comptia CNSP / Azure Devops Eng Expert / VMware Certified/ Sec Automation Engineer / Senior SRE

Paul Kneeland

Is anyone planning on attending tonight?

fox

I would attend if we have a presentation. Unfortunately, I don't have anything "ready to go".
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Glen-VE3LIZ

I hope there is a get together as we are on our way to Peterborough.  That is Kal, Hugh and myself.  Will check on radio and at the Applewood Manor for activity.  Glen

fox

Jason and I just talked this over by text. If you guys are coming here from Oshawa, then the least we can do is have some sort of meeting. I could do something on Clonezilla since I have it on a disk and I recently used it. If anyone has something better to present, or if we wish to not have a formal presentation, that's OK too. The one problem might be cabling, but as I recall, we would have what we need if we go upstairs to the library. Unless one of you are bringing a long VGA cable with you.

Let's assemble in the usual meeting room at Applewood and figure it out from there.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

As promised, Mike did a splendid on-the-fly demo of Clonezilla and then the meeting turned into a discussion helping out a new visitor with his setup, backups, clones, and Windows/Linux philosophies of updating! :) Fun for all! Thanks, Mike, and to everybody that contributed as well as attending.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13