• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Cancelled -- April 16th 2018 PLUG Meeting: KDE Plasma desktop using KDE Neon

Started by cod3poet, April 13, 2018, 06:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cod3poet

Cancelled

Jason Wallwork will be presenting the KDE Plasma desktop using KDE Neon which is a showcase for the latest version of KDE built on top of Ubuntu LTS. The vast majority of our presentations have featured distros that use Gnome, Cinnamon, LXDE or XFCE as their base desktops and we haven't spent much time talking about KDE. Jason will be hoping to remedy this gap with information on how Plasma is different and why you might want to use it with some focus on particular KDE applications for email, file management, contacts, and more.

1500 Lansdowne Street West, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.
Parking is on the east (right) side. Entrance is at the front of the building. From the front, go down the hall to the right, and enter the last door on the left.
Arch, Windows, Ubuntu, MacOS. In that order. (Definitely 04/2023)
Ryzen9 5950x/128gb/2tbNVME/8TB(Current)Win11
8th gen i7/32gb/1tbNVME(Current)Arch
Macbook Pro 16/2021 m1/32gb(Current)Work
Comptia CNSP / Azure Devops Eng Expert / VMware Certified/ Sec Automation Engineer / Senior SRE

cod3poet

At this meeting we will also be taking membership renewals. Membership, although voluntary, is encouraged. Membership fees cover our room rental costs and any surplus is used to treat members during the Christmas Pizza party. A membership is only $25 a year, a fee that hasn't changed since 2000. You can pay via cash or cheque (made out to PLUG). Membership also gives you the opportunity to review Linux-related or other computer books, and bragging rights.
Comptia CNSP / Azure Devops Eng Expert / VMware Certified/ Sec Automation Engineer / Senior SRE

cod3poet

In consideration to the weather and the fact that we all want to live we will be cancelling this months meeting. I have been on the roads twice today and I cannot see this getting any better, in the event that the temp drops below zero it would only get worse.

Spread the word if you can please!

buster

Good move. I was just going to post that I didn't think I could get out of my driveway. It should also be noted on the front page in case someone doesn't bother to read the forums.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

cod3poet

Thanks Buster Jason reached out as I was updating that as well :) I hope everyone is staying safe out there. I get to brave it again heading out Hwy 7 and 5th line later this afternoon.

ssfc72

Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service