• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

M2 SSD's

Started by ssfc72, July 30, 2016, 01:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

A new notepad type computer ( HP X2 12") with a detacable keyboard, I have been looking at, has a 128G M2 SSD.

I am wondering if anyone knows or has experience with using Clonezilla, to image this SSD?  I wonder if the new interface this drive has will cause problems for Clonezilla, when trying to do an image of the drive?

I think I recall Mike saying he used Clonezilla on his Dell XPS, which I believe has a M2 SSD, so maybe I has just answered my own question?
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

I'm pretty sure the drive in my Toshiba is an M2 SSD, same size, too. I was able to image the notebook with this drive several times. I don't think it matters what type of drive it is. If Clonezilla can see it, it should be able to back it up.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

My Dell xps 13 has an m2.SSD for sure. I had no problems cloning it with clonezilla; what I did was create an iso or img file from it (can't remember which). I then replaced the drive, booted with clonezilla on a usb stick, and imaged the new drive with the image I had created with clonezilla. If I had had an external enclosure for the m2 at the time I would have just cloned the old image directly. I since bought an enclosure for the m2 originally in my Dell.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13