• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Weekly PLUG MUG: Monday, January 29, 2018: Sign-Up PLEASE!

Started by Jason, January 29, 2018, 03:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Once a week, members and non-members alike, are invited to hang out with other PLUGgers for coffee and snacks. We call these nights PLUG MUGs. There will be free wireless internet and no agenda; just friends hanging out and talking about everything from Linux to X-rays. It's also a great place to get help with your computer problems or tips on usage, even your phone. Members and non-members quite enjoy themselves and everyone is welcome!

This week, it is being held at 7 pm at:

Tim Horton's
898 Monaghan Road (near Lansdowne St. W.)
Peterborough, Ontario

Map

The forecast for tonight's MUG from The Weather Network is -6 C (feeling like -12 C) with winds of 16 km/h with gusts up to 27 km/h and light snow (60% chance).

Please let us know you're coming by posting below
! By the way, you don't have to be there right at 7 pm, that's just a suggested time. We fully expect people to show up at different times. If you're not coming at 7-8 pm though, do let us know when so we can wait for you.

Synchronize your watches!! <^8# See you there!

IMPORTANT :
PLUG MUG attendance of late has been quite light and a couple of times someone have shown up and no one else came after. So if you are intending to come, PLEASE POST BELOW.

For MUGs to work, we don't need you to let us know if you're not coming but we really must know if you are. This is to avoid situations where only one person shows up and it also helps early birds make sure we find a spot with enough room for everyone. It's okay if you sign up and are unable to attend because of some other situation though if you know ahead of time, you can update (edit) your original comment and say you're unable to make it after all.

Of course you can still come if you haven't signed up below but it really helps to tell us and it's the polite thing to do. You will need to be a registered user of the forums and be a member of the Posting Member group to do this. If you're not sure what that means, read the forum topic Can't post? Here's why and how to fix it.

Do check when you post or before leaving that at least two people are coming or presume the meeting is off so you don't show up to just have coffee with yourself, well unless you don't mind that, of course.

Thank you!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

Jason

And... I will be there by 8 pm. Since this announcement is late, I will be there regardless if anyone else says they're coming. But feel free to post if you are. It's nice to know in advance if I'll be drinking my diet pepsi and eating my donut by myself or not.  :D

Update: Earlier I mistakenly locked this topic so nobody could reply to it except me because I'm an admin. How embarrassing!  :-[ It's fixed now. Sorry about that, folks.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

bobf

Finally! I'm looking forward to the PLUG MUG tonight - I'm Jonesin'! <^8# So my plan is to be there, as usual, somewhere after 7:30pm. That said, there was a VERY large - continuous! - band of snow (flurries?) between St. Catherines & north Scarborough, so the Special Weather Statement for Toronto may have arrived sometime before the PLUG Mug's timeframe. Unless it's specifically freezing rain, I'm there anyway - I've got some excellent winter snow tires - screw the all-season tires that just don't do it! <^8#