• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

My Telus data deal

Started by Jason, November 11, 2017, 05:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

Thanks guys, for posting various relatively good cell phone pricing.
If Loblaws ever cancels their PCMobile, pay as you go, cell phone service ( they are droping a bunch of their sidelines, such as Loblaws gasoline stations,  PC Financial banking), then I would be looking at the Koodo cell phone service, as a possible pay as you go, service replacement.

Bill
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Unless you need texting and data, Bill, Telus actually has a cheaper deal than Koodo's lowest Prepaid. Telus has $10 a month for 50 minutes and 50 texts. Koodo is $15 a month just for the unlimited texting and you have to buy blocks of minutes and data on top of that. But if you need texts and/or data, that would still make more sense as Telus doesn't have block add-ons like that.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

Yes, I do need data and Koodo lets you carry over the unused data and voice minutes from month to month, so that would work very well for me. :-)

Quote from: Jason Wallwork on November 18, 2017, 12:30:31 AM
Unless you need texting and data, Bill, Telus actually has a cheaper deal than Koodo's lowest Prepaid. Telus has $10 a month for 50 minutes and 50 texts. Koodo is $15 a month just for the unlimited texting and you have to buy blocks of minutes and data on top of that. But if you need texts and/or data, that would still make more sense as Telus doesn't have block add-ons like that.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service