• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

July meeting?

Started by William Park, July 02, 2016, 05:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William Park

Is the meeting on for July 4?

ssfc72

Should be a PLUG Mug at the usual Tim Hortons and time period.

No monthly PLUG meetings until September.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Thanks for jumping in there and replying, Bill!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

William Park

Thanks.  Peterborough and Kitchener/Waterloo LUG meetings are on the same day.  The old 2nd Monday was perfect for me.

Jason

Is the Kitchener/Waterloo group big?
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

William Park

Yes, they are the 2nd largest group in Southern Ontario.  Peterborough is 3rd.

Jason

bobf

*** ROAD TRIP! ***

This could be a good idea, hands across the water and all that, eh, what? <HARRUMPH!!> <^8#

(Jeez, I kill myself sometimes...! <^8#)

Could be good, though...?

Jason

I'd be up for a road trip there as long as we're not taking the scenic route (i.e. back roads). It's a long enough trip that we might consider splitting on a hotel, though.

bobf

Overnighter?! And only -one- Ethernet port in the room?! (Yeah, I've got a router in my backpack, too! <blah, blah...!>)

Interesting... (said with Arte Johnson effecting the Nazi uniform...!)(C'mon, it's a "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In" skit, for you young punkers!! <^8#)

buster

"
Yes, they are the 2nd largest group in Southern Ontario.  Peterborough is 3rd."

Seems impossible that we are third. Unless the Lugs are disappearing off the face of the earth. There are so many large cities, and we have a very small club. But if it's true, good for us! True believers to the end.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

fox

There is an active user group in Ottawa (http://oclug.on.ca/), which I suppose isn't southern Ontario. They meet monthly, even in the summer, and their bylaws require 20 people to be present for officer elections. Clearly bigger than PLUG.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

buster

"There is an active user group in Ottawa (http://oclug.on.ca/), which I suppose isn't southern Ontario. "

Dear me Mike. You got that question wrong on the test. But your spelling is really good.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

William Park

Quote from: bobf on July 04, 2016, 02:38:54 PM
*** ROAD TRIP! ***

This could be a good idea, hands across the water and all that, eh, what? <HARRUMPH!!> <^8#

(Jeez, I kill myself sometimes...! <^8#)

Could be good, though...?

From Peterborough, it's straight Highway 7, no?  4 hours?  Heck, I would do it, if I can get off early.

Question for Jason.  On this thread, postings are not sorted chronologically.  So, it's really confusing.

Jason

Quote from: William on July 06, 2016, 12:05:23 AM
From Peterborough, it's straight Highway 7, no?  4 hours?  Heck, I would do it, if I can get off early.

Question for Jason.  On this thread, postings are not sorted chronologically.  So, it's really confusing.

Do you mean that you aren't seeing older posts at the top and newer posts at the bottom?