• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Key Largo, 1948 movie, Humphrey Bogart - a great hurricane movie

Started by ssfc72, September 10, 2017, 11:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

This would be a great movie to look at again, due to the current hurricane that is tearing through the Florida Keys.
Besides Bogart, the movie stars Lauren Becall, Edgar G Robison and Lionel Barrymore.

It should be available through your Kodi media extension setup.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

buster

" a great movie to look at again "

You and I remember it. But many reading this may not even know who Lauren Bacall is. Ah, those were the days eh old timer?
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

:-)  I was born in 1952, a bit after when that movie was released, but yah, I am an old timer. :-)

Just finished watching the movie. Very well done. Worth watching every so often.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

I recognize Humphrey Bogart and the Barrymore name only because of Drew Barrymore, though. Still kind of a  hotty, but she's getting old now. She's almost as old as me having been born in '74!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

bobf

I have that movie here, and have watched it many times. Excellent, excellent movie. BOY, does Lauren Bacall *ever* look young there! And Lionel Barrymore, the crusty old SOB, great example of the golden age of films. Maltese Falcon, Casablanca... I always loved to hate Peter Lorre, the little weaselly rotter!!

Wow, it never occurred to me how great a movie that would've been to watch with all the hoopla about Irma, Jose et al... Definitely tomorrow, if I remember...!