• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Brains explode!!! Can it get any better?

Started by buster, June 21, 2016, 08:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buster

A new series that is really hard to categorize has had 2 episodes already. Is it a political satire on what is happening in the USA election? (References to Trump and Clinton abound.) Is is a comedy, as the song at the beginning of episode 2 suggests? Is it a science fiction alien invasion story? Is it a horror story - as being trapped in a room with insects that are about take over your brain might suggest?

Think 'The Puppet Masters' combined with 'West Wing' and you get the idea, though you have to throw in some humour and horror. If you like exploding brains, this show is for you:

BRAINDEAD!

Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

I hadn't watched it but I saw it on eztv and had downloaded it. I'll be sure to watch it now.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

Not sure about the rest of you, but I sleep with my ears safely covered - that's how they get in you know. You can't be too sure with alien insects on the planet.

Better safe than sorry I say.

By the way, the series is not as unrealistic as the USA election campaign.

buster

This show gets better with each new episode. Surprises me.

Jason

Finally watched the first episode. It was good. It's a thoughtful and quirky drama. Watching the second one now.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

Marilyn and I finished the series last night. Enjoyed it very much, partly because  it doesn't fit easily into any standard category. S/F, humour, drama, social commentary, political satire, love story, soap opera.

And it has a great 'squishy' ending. The series is over, and unlike many, it ends - like a good novel. Satisfying. Best summer series in my mind.

('Squishy' : Sorry, but you'll have to watch it to know why this word is appropriate.)