• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

End of an era...

Started by bobf, June 17, 2016, 01:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobf

Just saw something the other day that makes me somewhat sentimental; Haaselton's Coffee & Sweets is up for sale. $139,900, IIRC, and $1,850./mo. rent on a 5-year lease with a 5-year renewal...

Kind of a drag to see it go...

Moderator: Post modified only to fix a weird character that came up preventing the post from being seen.

ssfc72

Maybe the new owners will return to later evening hours, again, and we can go back there for the PLUG Mugs! :-)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

I suspect it hasn't been doing all that well, as it's up against a lot of other small restaurants and cafes in the downtown that provide comfy chairs and free wifi. I like the place and miss having our PLUG MUGs there. So +1 on your comment, Bill.

Moderator: Post modified only to fix a weird character that came up preventing the post from being seen.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

I wonder if he'll be able to sell it. Whoever buys will likely have to do some renovations to make it as inviting as the other cafes, though personally, I liked it.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13