• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG MUG: Monday, March 27, 2017: Sign-Up

Started by bobf, March 21, 2017, 10:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobf

Each MONDAY evening, except the first Monday of the month, beginning at about 7 pm, everyone is welcome to hang out with other PLUGgers at Tim Horton's Coffee & Donuts on Monaghan Road just north of Lansdowne Street. We call these nights PLUG MUGs. There is Free wireless Internet and no agenda; just friends hanging out, and talking about everything from Linux to X-rays.

If you're planning on attending this MUG, please POST BELOW. It helps people coming from out of town to know if anybody is coming. By the way, you don't have to be there right at 7 pm, that's just a suggested time. We fully expect people to show up at different times. If you're not coming at 7-8 pm though, let us know roughly when you're coming so we can wait for you.

Synchronize your watches!! <^8# See you there!

bobf

...And I will be late, but I expect to see a good turnout when I get there! <^8#

cod3poet

I will try my darndest to make it out to this one. I was on the road Monday night so I missed it, Missed Hackernest as well as I was off at a work thing.

I'll be sure to bring the Datacenter in a box with me as long as I have access to power and caffeine I'll have some interesting things to show.
Arch, Windows, Ubuntu, MacOS. In that order. (Definitely 04/2023)
Ryzen9 5950x/128gb/2tbNVME/8TB(Current)Win11
8th gen i7/32gb/1tbNVME(Current)Arch
Macbook Pro 16/2021 m1/32gb(Current)Work
Comptia CNSP / Azure Devops Eng Expert / VMware Certified/ Sec Automation Engineer / Senior SRE

fox

I'll be bringing my new LG GPad III tablet so that we can experiment with making and receiving texts via connection with an Android phone. (Bill's?)
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

ssfc72

I expect I will make the Mug.  Probably be there sometime after 7 pm.

I may bring my Raspberry Pi and show the OpenElec Kodi software running on it.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

bobf

How, Bill? Did you buy the LCD screen for your Pi?

ssfc72

I did buy something but it wasn t a screen. :-)

I hope to hang in until 9:30 at the Mug, so if you can make the Mug after your class, I will show you. :-)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

I had a really busy day yesterday at the Phantasm RPG convention so I'm really wiped today and won't be attending tonight. Catch you guys next week.

Let me know if you just want me to put up a generic blurb about the Raspberry Pi show-and-tells (I won't actually call it that in the description) or if you guys have more specific blurbs, email them to me or send me a personal message here. Sorry that you'll probably be missing your first PLUG monthly meeting in a long time, Bob. We'll miss your added tips.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

cod3poet

I came I saw, I had a donut, and left as soon as fox appeared :) - No offense bedtimes are immutable.
Comptia CNSP / Azure Devops Eng Expert / VMware Certified/ Sec Automation Engineer / Senior SRE

fox

None taken, but you didn't mention that it was your son's bedtime, not yours (at least that's what you said).  ;D
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

cod3poet

I have the great luxury of sleeping on average 5 hours a night. Of which I often dream of work.

https://www.facebook.com/futurism/videos/735962199916315/

Stuff like the above is where my sleeping Brain lives.

bobf

Damn! Sorry I missed you, Brian! I got there in time to see Bill's incredible new Asus toy, an expensive'ish combination power bank and HDMI projector in a box about the size of a portable HDD. Now that's geek-slick! <^8# And then he was off back to the boonies of Lindsay, and Mike and I took off to his place, where I graced him with the requisite "The IT Crowd" series, *and* a set of Nixie Pixel YouTube videos (admittedly long in the tooth, the newest was 2015'ish, but he did NOT seem to mind a bit! <^8#)

Anyway, neural synapses are being called upon for new information and new disciplines, so my brain's a tad shaggy - I forgot to mention that Rob met the outflow from the Amateur Radio Club class Monday night, but after popping out with some of the 'elders', all that was left for him at Timmy's Monaghan when he got there was memories! <^8#

Exciting times, exciting times! <^8#