• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Buster's final computer story starts late March

Started by buster, March 20, 2024, 12:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buster

After the success of The Really Unpleasant Computer Problem, which has risen unexpectedly to be the 6th most viewed topic of our site's over 7,000 threads, I decided to finish a computer assembly story, mostly complete, that had been done a few years ago.

This Mint Linux computer started with two gifts from our son Eric and involved our family and neighbours more than other builds. And though this wasn't my final build, the one I just completed had a complete absence of problems - three paragraphs would tell the whole tale. The Christmas Computer, on the other hand, had family as well as annoying and almost disastrous technical complications.

I suspect this is my final story. Writing feels more like work than it used to. So this is 'Once more into the breach, dear friends,' as spoken not by King Henry, but by an aging Buster. So look for it about March 25th, one chapter a day.

And while my health is fine, my dislike of work is increasing. I'm not sure if that's age or newly found wisdom. And I do hope this story turns out well. I can't imagine doing another one.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

Quote from: buster on March 20, 2024, 12:24:53 PMAnd while my health is fine, my dislike of work is increasing. I'm not sure if that's age or newly found wisdom. And I do hope this story turns out well. I can't imagine doing another one.

Probably wisdom! You should enjoy what you do or it's not worth doing, especially at your age. You've earned it.

Looking forward to the story!

Although I can't help you write, I could edit it for you if you wanted. To prevent any egos from being involved, I'd just check grammar and spelling. I know you're pretty good at it but sometimes another pair of eyes can help. Maybe that would make it writing a little more pleasant for you.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

Kind of you to offer Jason, but as I write I would have nothing to send to people that might not be ripped apart with different sentence structures and phrases, sometimes within minutes of sending. ( Until of cource the final copy.) You were a big factor making our submission back in 2002 such a success, including taking care of the pictures. But I don't write that way anymore.

But thanks for the offer.

buster

So tomorrow, for those interested, will begin the 5th and final computer story, and it will arrive one chapter a day.

March 25th: Creating a Christmas Linux Mint System from Bits and Pieces