• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

The CIA, FBI, and Aliens Are Visiting Our Linux Site

Started by buster, March 02, 2024, 02:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buster

An observation on the 'views', whatever that means, of the stories.

If I arrange 'General Discussion' from most viewed to least I get 13 pages. All 5 stories have moved up to the first page. And the total number of views for the stories tallies over 55,000.

The Really Unpleasant Computer Problem leads the second story by almost 7,000 views, though it was posted a few years later. It should reach 20,000 views in a few days.

I do recognize that this is not nearly as exciting for anyone else, especially Marilyn, who is annoyed because I was doing my happy dance and knocked over, and smashed, a cup. But I shall continue to believe that 'views' are important.

Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

I just realized that you must be doing an experiment with your catchy title.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

"I just realized that you must be doing an experiment with your catchy title."

Maybe. But it may not be just the title. This thread that you and I are writing has been the only active one for days, so it shows up on 'latest posts'.

Second thing, the statistics are astonishing.

1. February this year had more views than any total year before 2022.

2. The views are not everywhere. The Peterborough Penguin Problem, not about computers except for the TuxRacer scene, was never popular but has passed other threads and moved up to page one of General Discussion when arranged by views, and has even climbed a bit on this page. It should reach over 5,000 views today.

3. The views occur during the night too. Either we have many night owls in North America, or some place like Australia is spreading the word.

4. If the views were random, I doubt we would have one story, published fourth, 7000 views ahead of the long time leader published second. (20,000+ versus 13,000+)

By the way, the next time you start a thread, see if you can work the word nipple into the title. Sure to be a winner.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

Quote from: buster on March 13, 2024, 12:11:36 PMBy the way, the next time you start a thread, see if you can work the word nipple into the title. Sure to be a winner.

Lol. I'll be sure to do that. If Fox is reading, I wonder if he'd use a distro called Nipple Linux?
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13