• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

MX LINUX gets the most positive review I've ever seen on Distrowatch

Started by buster, August 13, 2023, 11:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

Yes the appliances all the appliances were bought when we bought the house.

No very much motorcycle riding this summer, due to the repairs to the house and appliances. :-(
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

buster

" both my 10 yr old upright freezer and also my 10 yr old refrigerator breaking down"

Our Woods freezer has reached 50 years old. Our frig, old style Maytag, is 25 or 26 years old. But nothing is made the way it used to be unless it's going to be sent into space.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

BusterE

Harry forgot to say, though Marilyn often does with an unmpleasantly furrowed brow, that their electric stove has been running since the late sixties. (Gas access to the kitchen is extremely awkward.) He is very sentimental about old things.
BusterMan - Strong like Ox! Smart like elevator!

Jason

Quote from: BusterE on September 08, 2023, 06:59:59 PMHarry forgot to say, though Marilyn often does with an unmpleasantly furrowed brow, that their electric stove has been running since the late sixties. (Gas access to the kitchen is extremely awkward.) He is very sentimental about old things.

Braggart.:) Your stove is older than me.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13