• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Plug Mug

Started by BrianP, July 10, 2023, 10:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

We had a very nice meetup yesterday afternoon, inside the Tim Horton's on Monaghan road.
There was Brian P, Mike, Paul and Laurie and myself.
I believe it was after 4 pm when we finished. It was great seeing and talking with PLUG members, in person, again.
We agreed we should meet up again in about a months time.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Did many show up? Was the restaurant busy at that time of day?
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

Jason

Btw, hi Paul. It's good to see/read you again. I generally don't delete user accounts unless they're bot or spam registrations. The accounts that have disappeared are because the user cancelled their accounts.

Regarding regular meetings... I have no idea if Applewood has its meeting room open to the public. I stepped down from being President right around the time the pandemic rolled in and we haven't had a regular meeting since.

Bill usually posts about MUGs either online or in-person and I take care of the website. Occasionally, our online meetings have had short presentations. There might be enough interest for regular in-person meetings but someone would have to step up to organize them. After 20+ years of doing it, punctuated by a couple of short-term temporary presidents, I'm pretty much done. :)

We have taken up collections to cover hosting fees and last time around, we received enough donations to host us up until the end of this year. But it's pretty much just the forum. I haven't gotten around to posting the homepage of the website yet after having gone through a major server OS and forum software upgrade a few months back.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13