• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Yesmovies

Started by Jason, February 25, 2017, 07:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

No need to torrent movies and TV shows, just stream them online here:

https://yesmovies.to/

Selection isn't bad but I guess that depends on what you're looking for. Lots or recent movies. TV show selection seems to be a bit too focused for me. I couldn't find most of the series I was interested in. Great interface but watch out for the lemons in quality. Not everything is available in HD especially if it's only recently been in the theatre but it does tell you the quality before you watch. HD only appears to be 720 so if that is important to you, you'll still need your torrents.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

Nice!  Thanks for the info, Jason!
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

Ditto. I was looking for things like this for Kodi.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

buster

How does this site pay for itself? I saw no ads, no requests for money. And they may need to pay for lawyers since most of the movies are owned. Seems to be too good to be true.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

Quote from: buster on March 13, 2017, 09:26:40 AM
How does this site pay for itself? I saw no ads, no requests for money. And they may need to pay for lawyers since most of the movies are owned. Seems to be too good to be true.

My guess is that they plan to introduce ads later. I'm thinking it's fairly new (like <year old) but I don't know for sure. Apparently there are several sites like this but since Google has had takedown requests they are harder to find; usually known through word of mouth. Note that AFAIK, these type of sites don't host the material, they just provide links to it.

Now that I've started playing Kodi and Exodus and Bob plug-ins, it's even much nicer!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13