• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Most Dangerous Invasive Species

Started by buster, August 01, 2022, 03:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buster

It has always seemed to me odd that on any list of invasive species I have ever come across that humans are never on the list. And without doubt they tend to be the most destructive.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

Is this a slam against Russia's Putin? Careful, he may send the KGB after you. :-)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Quote from: ssfc72 on August 01, 2022, 08:17:08 PM
Is this a slam against Russia's Putin? Careful, he may send the KGB after you. :-)

Nicely done!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

Jason

Quote from: buster on August 01, 2022, 03:42:55 PM
It has always seemed to me odd that on any list of invasive species I have ever come across that humans are never on the list. And without doubt they tend to be the most destructive.

That's a good point. I'd particularly add the pale variety of them, particularly, and destructive to each other. But since invasive species are those not indigenous to an area, you could argue it's been a long long time since we've been one. Humans have been in most habitats for at least tens of thousands of years. But we've certainly destroyed habits wherever we went. Pandemic viruses even arise because we're in too close proximity to animals, both from factory farming but also pushing our civilization into areas leaving no place for the animals to go.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13