• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Has no one broken their Distro lately? :-)

Started by ssfc72, July 17, 2022, 04:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

edited.  Pretty quiet on the PLUG Forums lately.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

Nope. My Ubuntu 22.04 is humming along. My secondary distro, Manjaro, on an external SSD, also doing well. I have Mint 20.3 on the same SSD. I don't use it other than to update it, but it hasn't broken either. Just a boring Linux life!
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

buster

"Pretty quite on the PLUG Forums lately."

Yes. It's been very quit.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

Sorry, it was 4 am, when I posted the spelling error. :-)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Reinstalled Windows 10 Pro and MX Linux Xfce on the Toshiba laptop and Windows 10 and MX Linux Plasma on the desktop. Windows 10 is such a pig compared to MX Linux and even how it used to be. It's barely usable on the Toshiba laptop which has only an i3 1.4 GHz Dual-core hyperthreading CPU and 4 GB of RAM. It didn't use to be like that. I think it was using 2.5 GB with nothing running under Windows 10. Both work great on the 3.2 GHz desktop which has 12 GB RAM but MX Linux still feels a bit better.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

Jason

I use Windows for a game I hadn't played in 2 years - Dungeons & Dragons Online and for my cybersecurity course. The Blackboard software they use doesn't seem to recognize my webcam in Linux. No idea why. But it's good to keep the two worlds separate anyway.

The course has occupied most of my time. The spare time I have is mostly spent with my wife. When I'm done in early September, I will have a certificate from it and the CompTIA Security+ certification. Not as fancy as cod3poet's many certifications but it's something and appears to be well-recognized by the industry for entry-level roles in the field.

Be good to see you guys again if you can all make it on Sunday!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13