• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Firefox Total Cookie Protection

Started by Jason, July 03, 2022, 04:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Here's a new feature of Firefox. I doubt it'll convert users from Chrome but it might be a good reason for non-Chrome users to try Firefox again. I'm hoping it spreads to other browsers.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/mozilla-firefox-rolls-out-total-cookie-protection-to-all-users/
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

I don't know if this is the reason, but certain websites I have gone to don't open in Firefox, but they do in Brave. Sometimes I can get them to open in Firefox by turning of advanced tracking for the site; sometimes not. I don't have any examples to share, but when it happens again I will provide an example.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

Interesting. I've had the opposite experience with Brave being the problem, but mainly with a website freezing up (my online banking site). Bill mentioned having a similar problem with another website. Using Firefox, the sites would come up fine for me.

Along with that problem, I had a couple of others that frustrated me with Brave. So I've been trying out Vivaldi at least until Brave gets their shit together again. Btw, Arthur Edelstein, who presented to PLUG a few months back is now part of the security team at Brave. I have to say... I'm pretty impressed with Vivaldi. The last time I tried it, it barely had any features. Now it has a stunning level of features, mostly customization. Maybe too many! I could show it off sometime online if there's interest.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13