• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Welcome willjp!

Started by Jason, April 09, 2022, 02:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cod3poet

I came back JUST to comment on this. (Sold my house and disappeared into the Maritimes for a few months) Arch for me is life still to this very day although I am trying to convert the really real world of work over to Ubuntu from Centos because Microsoft <3 Linux and all that. Just got back from Iceland / Norway / Scotland.

Welcome to the Forum!

And 10:26 eastern is not the dead of night it's just pints and update my personal docker containers time.
Arch, Windows, Ubuntu, MacOS. In that order. (Definitely 04/2023)
Ryzen9 5950x/128gb/2tbNVME/8TB(Current)Win11
8th gen i7/32gb/1tbNVME(Current)Arch
Macbook Pro 16/2021 m1/32gb(Current)Work
Comptia CNSP / Azure Devops Eng Expert / VMware Certified/ Sec Automation Engineer / Senior SRE

ssfc72

Welcome back, Brian. Good to hear from you.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

buster

"Just got back from Iceland / Norway / Scotland."

It's a shame they don't have Internet in those countries yet.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

tommolica

Welcome to our little group willjp, always nice to have more people to share their knowledge, - cause I'm one with more questions than answers. My os of choice is Debian and derivatives - for daily use email browsing and so on.
Have tried to install BSD type OS's and generally the installs go well cause it's been automated almost. My stumbling is adding a desktop environment and other software that is used for spreadsheet , writer, photos , graphis, - mostly non command line stuff. Later in the winter will call on you to tell how to overcome this step of the install.  I would like to get an OpenBSD for all desktop work.  Glad you found us, hope you have a good time in the forum.

Jason

Quote from: buster on August 29, 2022, 05:52:43 PM
"Just got back from Iceland / Norway / Scotland."

It's a shame they don't have Internet in those countries yet.

Lol. Clever comment. I, in the powers invested in me by the PLUG Forum as webmaster, hereby do crown Buster as our resident court jester.

Perhaps they have internet, and they're just banned from the server because of unexplained attacks coming from those countries by some dude that insists on using brute force password attacks with a username that contains my favourite dinner fish. Nah, he'd know to use a VPN and make it look like Russia.

Good to have you back again, although, virtually, it's like you never left. Why did you go to the Maritimes?
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

cod3poet

I'll explain it all at the next PLUG MUG / Meet / Jitsi-zoom-a-foo-bar-baz :)
Arch, Windows, Ubuntu, MacOS. In that order. (Definitely 04/2023)
Ryzen9 5950x/128gb/2tbNVME/8TB(Current)Win11
8th gen i7/32gb/1tbNVME(Current)Arch
Macbook Pro 16/2021 m1/32gb(Current)Work
Comptia CNSP / Azure Devops Eng Expert / VMware Certified/ Sec Automation Engineer / Senior SRE