• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG Jitsi video meet up, Wed. March 23, 7:30 pm?

Started by ssfc72, March 19, 2022, 09:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Quote from: fox on March 28, 2022, 07:23:59 PM
What is kernel stacking?

I wondered that, too. Judging by the context, I think kalabaster is referring to it leaving old kernels, as in more than just one previous kernel that most distros keep. Is that the case, kalabaster?
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

I used Trinity on Q4OS for awhile a few years ago. Found it light and quick and easy to use. Didn't use all the default software such as browser and email though.

Good to see it back from an apparent grave. Anyone could use and maintain Trinity, especially the technologically challenged, once it's set up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_Desktop_Environment#:~:text=Trinity%20is%20packaged%20for%20Debian,Since%20version%203.5.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

kalabaster

What I refer to as "kernal stacking" is the fact that with every new updated issue of the kernal, the prior kernal is NOT removed or overwritten. But remains in a bootable state as GRUB would have it. So my boot options are many and varied until I manage the packages manually ( ie: remove ). This is a developer service which I unintentionally evoked upon configuring for the first time. I probably agreed to it for the reason I thought I had a sketchy system. ( PC )
MACbook Pro 1501, Catalina| ASUS ROG Crosshair AMD PCLinux | HP AIO Elite, Win 10 Pro| HP Folio 14, Win 10 Pro| ASUS M32CD, PCLinux/Trinity