• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG Jitsi video meet up, Wed. March 23, 7:30 pm?

Started by ssfc72, March 19, 2022, 09:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

If there is enough interest, I can set up a Jitsi video meet up for this coming Wednesday evening.
I don't have anything to present, so the meet up will just be a social gathering, to stay in touch with everyone.
The meet up will start at 7:30 pm but you can drop in anytime after.  The meet ups usually last until about 9 pm.

Let me know if you can attend. If there are at least 3 people interested, the the meet up will be a go and I will post/email the Link to the meet up at around 7:15 pm Wednesday.

regards
Bill
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

I'd go, Bill. I'll see if there is something I might be able to present, probably just something short.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

Thanks Jason.  The video meet up is now a Go, since there are now at least 3 people interested in attending.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)

ssfc72

Brian S. says he could do a presentation of, Linux as a Desktop.
Brian says he is moving to New Brunswick, shortly, so this might be your last chance to say hello to Brian.

Jason

Quote from: ssfc72 on March 20, 2022, 03:37:38 PM
Brian S. says he could do a presentation of, Linux as a Desktop.
Brian says he is moving to New Brunswick, shortly, so this might be your last chance to say hello to Brian.

That'd be great! Hopefully, we'll still have online meetings when things settle down and then Brian can pop in and say hello again.

Brian: You'll certainly be missed! You'll have to tell us about, presumably, your new job or your wife's new job in New Brunswick.
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

kalabaster

Count me in as well Bill.  I have discovered PCLinux with the Trinity desktop and have posted on this forum with the group discussing it. I have 2 successful implementations of the OS and look forward to what Brian brings to the table.  Thanks for the invite.  Peace out.
MACbook Pro 1501, Catalina| ASUS ROG Crosshair AMD PCLinux | HP AIO Elite, Win 10 Pro| HP Folio 14, Win 10 Pro| ASUS M32CD, PCLinux/Trinity

ssfc72

Ok Kal, looking forward to seeing you this Wed. evening.

Jason

You could show us PCLinuxOS sometime, Kal. Back in the olden days, my Linux distro was Linux Mandrake, later Mandriva, because of a trademark issue. It started getting sucky but PCLinuxOS used its code (I think) to make their own distro and I used it for quite a time, too. At one time, it had the best support for Linux hardware, back when most distros were fairly limited in what they'd support.

ssfc72

Sorry guys, but Brain S. has another task this evening, so he won't be able to attend the video meet up and give a presentation.

Jason

Oh, that's disappointing. But I suppose I could do what would probably be a short demo of MX Linux. I've been using it for a few months now.

ssfc72

Jason

Sorry, guys. I'll have to take a raincheck. Here's hoping you have enough to chat without me! :)

ssfc72

We had a good video meet up and chat, last evening. There was Tom, Kal, Glen G. , Brian P, Lloyd and myself in attendance.
Just some good general conversation and a bit of a discussion on the PCLinux Distro which Kal has been tying out and using.

I will try and set up another PLUG video meet up, in a few weeks time.

kalabaster

Just to offer up some more info about what was brought up by me. I have installed PCLinux with the Trinity Desktop on a couple of core i7 PC's. There is considerably more processing required by the overhead of the GUI but with 8 Gb's on both PC it's a no brainer. The only issue I have encountered is the hierarchy of the audio controls since Trinity offers up its' own along with Pulse & ALSA. But this I have figured out. With my older " Gamer PC " ( 5200+ Athlon X2 w 6 Gb RAM ) running a straight distro of PCLinux ( with plasma I think ) I have a problem originating from the install, of kernal stacking in GRUB. I'm sure there is a command to alter this but have not come across it. In the meantime I manually remove unnecessary packages and use " Bleach Bit " in the Trinity GUI & Desktop.  I have recently downloaded the iso for a couple flavours of LinuxFX which is a Windows 11 GUI knock off. We'll keep youze posted.
MACbook Pro 1501, Catalina| ASUS ROG Crosshair AMD PCLinux | HP AIO Elite, Win 10 Pro| HP Folio 14, Win 10 Pro| ASUS M32CD, PCLinux/Trinity

fox

Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13