• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

MXLinux Update issue

Started by ssfc72, January 08, 2022, 09:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

On my other notebook computer which is running MXLinux, when I saw that the Update icon was showing that updates were available, I did the update but after the update finished, nothing had been updated.
It happened repeatedly over the next few days, so I finally did some investigating and in Synaptic it was showing that there was a problem with the Skype program not finding it's Repository. I deleted the Skype program using Synaptic and then ran the Update icon again and all the other updates that were available, did finally get completed.

I find it strange that the MXLinux update program would prevent all updates from occurring, just because one program (Skype) could not find it's repository.  A inexperienced user of MXLinux would probably have no clue, on how to find out why the Updates process was not working.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

I think it was doing it because it knew there was a new version of Skype perhaps from a previous repo check. So in effect, there was an update but you couldn't get it. But yeah, that would be totally confusing. I also don't understand why the repo address wasn't forwarded to where the new skype version was. Good ole' Microsoft.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13