• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG Virtual meeting: Drive encryption - Notes

Started by Jason, December 20, 2021, 10:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

I learned how to create and use encrypted drives in an Intermediate Linux course. I found this article that covers it pretty well if you want to try this yourself and didn't take notes. :) Just skip the first section titled, "Linux encryption methods." We used LUKS as does the rest of the tutorial.

https://www.cyberciti.biz/security/howto-linux-hard-disk-encryption-with-luks-cryptsetup-command/

Also, I don't believe luksOpen worked on my system. Same with luksClose. I just used 'open' and 'close' respectively. There's also a reference to luksDump. You can ignore that part - we didn't cover it.

If you have comments about the meeting, please post them here. This board is only for notes or minutes from presentations. Comments about the meetings should go in the respective announcements on the Meeting board.

However, if you have links to other information or examples of how to extend the use of cryptsetup, feel to post them below.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13