General (non-Linux) > General Discussion

Get $20 from a Li-Ion class action

(1/1)

Jason:
A bunch of law firms reached a settlement with some Lithium-Ion battery manufacturers for price-fixing. Even without a receipt, you can get $20 for having purchased certain devices with that type of battery or a battery alone. Most portable devices nowadays and then used Li-Ion batteries, including cellphones and laptops. It's an easy $20.

Fill out the form here.

William:
Looks like phishing scam to me.  They get your name, address, phone, and email, all of which are automatically verified to be real when you deposit their eTransfer.

Jason:

--- Quote from: William on November 10, 2021, 11:23:40 pm ---Looks like phishing scam to me.  They get your name, address, phone, and email, all of which are automatically verified to be real when you deposit their eTransfer.

--- End quote ---

You should know me better than think I'd fall for a phishing scam. :)

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/21-3-million-class-action-183000512.html

And you don't get all that information from an eTransfer not to mention there's a $5 minimum to send one! That'd be an expensive scam!

ssfc72:
Thanks Jason for the tip about the class action for lithium batteries. I thought maybe I had already applied for the class action but I could not find any email about it, so I applied again, anyways.

I am still waiting on my class action payment for the Microsoft OS class action lawsuit.

Jason:

--- Quote from: ssfc72 on November 11, 2021, 05:39:56 am ---I am still waiting on my class action payment for the Microsoft OS class action lawsuit.

--- End quote ---

I don't think I've heard about that one. I applied for the Yahoo one, too, and haven't heard back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version