General (non-Linux) > Politics & Society

Election prediction

<< < (3/3)

fox:
There was a very interesting caller on Cross-Country Checkup this afternoon. A guy who voted PPC because he was "grumpy, not Trumpy" (his words). He voted for Trudeau last time, but was not happy with any of the candidates this time, so it was a protest vote. Who knows how many others voted "protest" for the PPC? I guess we'll find out in the next election.

Another interesting Cross-Country Checkup caller was a Liberal candidate from Barrhead, Alberta. She lost of course, but argued that the election changed a lot. She was happy to see Liberal candidates winning or nearly winning in the province; meant a lot to her even though she got slaughtered. I agree with her. Even if seat numbers changed little, geographic representation did, and that's important.

Jason:

--- Quote from: fox on September 26, 2021, 05:17:38 pm ---Another interesting Cross-Country Checkup caller was a Liberal candidate from Barrhead, Alberta. She lost of course, but argued that the election changed a lot. She was happy to see Liberal candidates winning or nearly winning in the province; meant a lot to her even though she got slaughtered. I agree with her. Even if seat numbers changed little, geographic representation did, and that's important.

--- End quote ---

That's true. There was only one seat that wasn't Conservative in Alberta (it was NDP) and now two are NDP and two are Liberal. Still 30 Conservatives many winning by over 70% but it's something. Nobody else can break into Saskatchewan which is sad especially for the NDP considering it's the birthplace of the CCF and Medicare. Had we have a system that was proportionally based, there'd be a lot more Liberals, NDP in Alberta and some in Saskatchewan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version