• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG Mug Zoom meetup, Wed. Sept. 8, 7:30 pm

Started by ssfc72, September 05, 2021, 07:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

Anyone interested in having a Zoom video meetup for this Wed. evening?
I can start the meetup at 7:30 pm but feel free to join in at anytime, after that.   The meetups usually last until at least 9 pm.
The meetup is chance for having just some general conversation but if anyone would like to do a short presentation on a subject, that would be great as well.

I would need at least 3 people to let me know if they can attend, to do a meetup. So let me know if you are interested.  I will confirm the meetup at noon Wed.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

I'm going to really try to make it this time. And I might be able to do a presentation. It'd be nothing fancy but might interest some.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

Jason

Looks like I won't make it. Preparing for an exam on Friday afternoon and I'm still finishing up the last part of the course! I hope you have enough without me, Bill!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)

ssfc72

We had 5 people for last evenings meetup. There was Kal, Glen G., Hugh, Llyod and myself.
I had a chat with Kal about my ongoing issues with Mint 19 crashing on my Dell Inspiron notebook computer.  The Windows 8 that dual boots does not crash.  Kal suggested it may be the SSD hard drive that has reached it maximum number of read/writes on the partition area of the SSD that holds the Mint 19 partition. Kal suggeted I get the diagnostic software from the SSD manufacturer and run a diagnostic check to see if the SSD has reached the maximum read/write cycles.
I downloaded the Samsung Disk Magician software for my SSD model number. It would only run under Windows, so I used the Win 8 on the Inspiron to run the program. Disk Magician also will not read EXT4 partitions so I had to reformat the Mint 19 partition to NTFS.
Unfortunately when I tried to run the diagnostic program it said my SSD Drive model was not supported. :-(

We also had some audio/video issues with our Jitsi session but after a few of the guys logged out and back into the Jitsi session, then the issues cleared up.

I left the meetup at about 9:15 pm.