Author Topic: BBC, a non fiction podcast of a computer hacking group -The Lazarus Heist  (Read 44 times)

Offline ssfc72

• Master
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz_B0PFGIn4ccgXclIq9gdmf_nFNz-Og8

10 episode podcast

A North Korea hacking group who among other attacks, shut down all the computers in the hospitals in Britain and other worldwide computers with a ransomware attack.  Episode 10 deals with the British hospital attacks and how one young British computer expert was able to turn off the attacks.

edit - this is a non fictional podcast. I remember seeing the UK hospital computer system attack, in the news, back then
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 05:07:09 am by ssfc72 »
Mint 19.1 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MX Linux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, PCMobile pay as you go

Offline Jason

• Administrator
  • Master
  • Humanist. Skeptic. Husband.
Stupid question here but is this fictional?
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

Offline ssfc72

• Master
Sorry, i forgot to note that this is a non fictional event.  I remember seeing the UK hospital computer system attack, in the news, back then.
Mint 19.1 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MX Linux)

Offline ssfc72

• Master
The 10 th episode covers the ransomware  computer attack on the all the UK hospitals computer network, as well as computers worldwide.

Offline Jason

• Administrator
  • Master
  • Humanist. Skeptic. Husband.
Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like an interesting series. I do remember some UK hospital ransomware attacks in the press but wasn't sure if this was it. Scary stuff.
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Max Ehrmann, Desiderata