Author Topic: Note taking app for students or teachers  (Read 41 times)

Offline Jason

• Administrator
  • Master
  • Humanist. Skeptic. Husband.
Note taking app for students or teachers
« on: July 18, 2021, 04:46:05 pm »
I've been taking notes for a course I'm doing. And I like some formatting but not too much. A word processor is too much, a simple notepad is too little. I found Joplin and quite like it. Along with the basics like headings, bold, italics, code formatting, automatic saves, it will also sync to dropbox, OneDrive and others. It'd be great for teachers or students but really great for anybody that needs to use it.
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

Offline ssfc72

• Master
Re: Note taking app for students or teachers
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 06:28:11 am »
Thanks for the info on the Joplin program, Jason.
Mint 19.1 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MX Linux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, PCMobile pay as you go

Offline Jason

• Administrator
  • Master
  • Humanist. Skeptic. Husband.
Re: Note taking app for students or teachers
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 03:25:26 am »
I should have mentioned the link for getting it. It doesn't seem to be in the Ubuntu repos unless I have a setting wrong somewhere. I moved back to Linux Lite so I haven't gotten everything configured the way I like it yet.

It's also cross-platform with versions for Windows, Linux, macOS, Android and iOS. There is a web clipper to save pages from your browsing (for Firefox and Chrome, probably works with derivatives, too). There's even a terminal version of the app that also works on FreeBSD! There's basic features on their main page and more advanced info on the same download page as above.

As well, I just realized it's Open Source so you can feel good about using it.
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Max Ehrmann, Desiderata