• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Plug Mug, Monday July 5, 7 pm, parking lot of PetSmart/ Timm Hortons, Monaghan

Started by ssfc72, July 01, 2021, 08:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

So next week's weather forecast shows rain, except for Monday.
Any one interested in meeting up?
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

I'd be up for that. It wasn't noisy there but the pot smell wafting in was a bit much. It always smells to me like they're burning urine. :D But I can tolerate it, and no, Buster, I don't get any benefit from it (unfortunately).
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

" no, Buster, I don't get any benefit from it "

Huh. Like what man? Bummer eh? Like sorry  :'( :'( :'(
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

fox

Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

buster

I should be able to get there if the weather is 'clement'. And how can we have the word inclement without a predecessor clement? Inhospitable, hospitable. Unselfish, selfish. And on and on. Maybe there was a place called Clement that had really bad weather, and people started saying, 'It's as bad here as it is in Clement." That seems the most logical.

ssfc72

Buster, you must be watching too many George Carlin (comedian) shows. :-)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)

buster

It wasn't any better than your Plugitzer Writing Award suggestion, was it? But Grace would have liked them both no doubt.

ssfc72

Looking now, at the weather forecast for Monday evening, it looks like the meetup may not happen. :-(

Quote from: buster on July 03, 2021, 11:22:08 AM
I should be able to get there if the weather is 'clement'. And how can we have the word inclement without a predecessor clement? Inhospitable, hospitable. Unselfish, selfish. And on and on. Maybe there was a place called Clement that had really bad weather, and people started saying, 'It's as bad here as it is in Clement." That seems the most logical.

Jason

Quote from: buster on July 03, 2021, 11:22:08 AM

I didn't realize until now that clement is an actual word. Interesting.

Since I am a clement man, I will enact no punishment upon you for your insightful but terrible humour.

Bill Tuesday afternoon looks awful but it looks like it should be clement by evening. Thursday and Friday evening look good, too, but I get my shot on Wednesday so I don't want to do anything within 2 days of it.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

Buster, after your last post, I just had to look up, an online Dictionary, to see what was said for the word, clement. The Cambridge online dictionary has 2 icons you can click on, to get a voice to say the word. One icon is foe UK and the other icon is for US. Interesting. :-)

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/clement

Tuesday is out, for a meetup because Mike is not available that evening.  Maybe Friday evening is a possible?

buster

"Buster, after your last post, I just had to look up, an online Dictionary, to see what was said for the word, clement. "

Interesting Bill. I have never heard the word used ever, unless I used it, thinking I was joking. We should reinstate the word into general use by using it every chance we get. A word must feel awful just fading away, never to be used again.

ssfc72

I will decide at 12 noon Monday, if the PLUG Mug meetup is a go for 7 pm, that evening.

ssfc72

Ok, the one weather forecast I am watching is showing rain at 7 pm today.  So I will call off the PLUG Mug meetup.

We can try for Friday evening at 7 pm, if there is enough interest,

buster

buster

Thunder in north end, sprinkling of rain. Now 6:00. Marilyn got rained on in Metro Parking lot.