• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG Mug, Sunday afternoon, July 11, 2 pm

Started by ssfc72, July 07, 2021, 12:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

So the weather forecast for Sunday looks good.  How about the Monaghan rd, PetSmart parking lot (next to Tim Hortons) at 2 pm, Sunday.

There was no interest in my Friday evening suggestion.

Let me know if there is an interest.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

buster

Potentially interested too.

With stores open, would that area be, unlike the evening, busy at 2:00?
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

I kind of think the spot we used for the last meetup, will still be good. It is a big parking lot so if needed we surely can find a suitable place.
We probably won't have the pot smokers , to put up with. :-)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)

ssfc72

The weather forecast for tomorrows meetup, looks good.

Jason

I'd be interested. But I'd highly suggest the upper-end of the Lansdowne Place parking lot. It's where the trees are near the northeast exit (and the construction which isn't going either, at least the last time I was there). The mall is closed except for stores with outdoor entrances so that end is dead. I know because I've often sat there on the stairs on the way home.

2 PM on a Sunday afternoon in that parking lot is likely to be very busy. Also, I can sit on the stairs in the Lansdowne Place parking lot. We could also just move there if it's too busy in the lot beside Tim Horton's as Lansdowne Place is close. We could just walk over.

What about Evinrude parking lot? I don't think they do vaccinations on the weekend, do they?
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

Jason

Spoke too soon. I guess malls are allowed to be open since stage 2 started. I'll be going by there shortly so I'll take a look to see how busy the parking lot is.
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

buster

Apologies to the three of you. Marilyn and I biked today, and she would like to do the same tomorrow. And her favourite time is after lunch. And a happy wife means a happy husband.

Sorry.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

Let's start with the meetup, in the parking lot near the PetSmart store. We can alwys re-locate to the Lansdowne mall parking lot, if necessary.

So with Buster being a no show, that leaves Mike , Jason and myself.

fox

Unfortunately, I'm now a no-show too. I wanted to, but we got asked to join some friends on a hiking trip and it's too nice a day to pass up. If the meet tomorrow doesn't pan out, I would be up for a meeting one evening when the weather is decent.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

Sounds like we'll have to reschedule unless someone else speaks up, Bill? You might have to lower your threshold, Bill! :D But then it'd be more like a date with just you and me, I guess.

ssfc72

Ok, the Sunday afternoon meetup is cancelled.  The 10 day weather forecast is indicating rain every day, so it may be awhile before the next meetup.

Jason

That's too bad. With some luck, maybe the forecast will change.