• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

COVID vaccine 2nd shot, side effects

Started by ssfc72, June 23, 2021, 03:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

So after my first shot of the Moderna vaccine the only side effect I recall, is a very slight soreness in the arm, at the spot were the needle was given. The soreness was gone after a couple of days.
With my second shot I also had soreness in the arm at the injection spot, that occurred later in the day. The soreness was not as bad, as for the first shot.
However the next day I felt tired and after my morning walk, my lower legs became quite weak and I got the chills and my back muscles were quite sore. I had to go back to bed at noon and I had to sleep for a couple of hours. By the end of the day I was starting to feel a bit better.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

The effects of my second shot (Pfizer) were less than the first. I got mine 5 days ago. I had just a bit of soreness in my arm where the shot was administered starting the first night and lasting two days. That's it. No chills this time. I did have a nap on Day 2, but I think that this was because I slept poorly the night before.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

I haven't had my second shot yet. I'm able to book it starting Monday along with everyone else so I may have to wait a while. But hopefully, there'll be a cancellation which is how I got my FIRST one so fast. It was booked the day before.

I was fine right after, not even soreness at the injection site (so much I had trouble locating it at first). I've had no reaction to flu shots before so I thought maybe it was just like that. Four laters my arm hurt really bad - I had to take Tylenol for it. It was a little better the next day, and alright the third day. It was gone the 4th day. I also had chills the day after. They were very strange. I felt cold just in my legs but it wasn't a shiver kind of cold, just the feel like having your legs out in the winter.

I'll post here again when I get my SECOND shot. It likely won't be until well into July. I do have a second shot booked for August 30 but I should be able to get it before then. It's really important to me to get fully vaccinated as my wife is in a high-risk group. She's a shut-in with severe social anxiety so can't get out for a shot and nervous about having a mobile unit visit for one. I think as long as I'm fully vaccinated, she's fine.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

BrianP

I got my 2nd Pfzer shot over 2 weeks ago. The only side effect was a little soreness in my arm.. no other side effects. I was actually  wondering if it actually took ?

Jason

You should ask for your money back. Clearly, it was a defective shot, or needle, or nurse.  :D

They don't really know why some people don't get side effects but there are some ideas here. The TL;DR of it says if you're on any kind of antiinflammatory drug, it may dampen the response of the immune system. But rest assured you still have effective immunity.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13