• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Taking screenshots when using Linux

Started by ssfc72, June 11, 2021, 04:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

https://itsfoss.com/take-screenshot-linux/

I found this helpful webpage for various ways of taking screenshots, when using a Linux Distro.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

I have an app called Screenshot. I think it was installed by default on Ubuntu. Has multiple options and works well.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

ssfc72

Thanks Mike for the info about "Screenshot".  I will have to look at that one and the one (Flameshot) that they mention in the article.

On my Mint 19.1 , Screenshot is installed by default.  I didn't realize that there was a screenshot program, included with the Mint Distro.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Thanks for the link, Bill. Xubuntu comes with one installed, too. This little tip might only work with Ubuntu-based distros but you can try it. If you just need a full-screen screenshot, press the PrtScn button on your keyboard. It doesn't save it, it just brings up a pic of the desktop you can use. It's usually among the Home, End, PgUp, PgDn buttons, etc.

Looking forward to more screenshots from you, Bill! :)
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13