• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Anyone interested in resuming an evening meetup, at Tim Hortons parking lot?

Started by ssfc72, June 10, 2021, 07:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Quote from: fox on June 17, 2021, 11:06:51 AM
Likewise. But as I got colder, I was happy to see our get-together ending. The last thing I want to do is get a cold now with my 2nd Covid shot coming tomorrow.

Cold weather doesn't cause colds but I'll try not to be combative. :) Let us know how much you suffered? The second shot is supposed to be a doozy from what I've heard.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

"  The second shot is supposed to be a doozy from what I've heard. "

Now this was told to me in private, so please do not spread this. Just after I got my shot, my nurse Julia leaned forward a bit and said, " Every one loves the second shot. " I was feeling good already and noticed for the first time that Julia had a bit of cleavage showing. Hadn't noticed that before. So I asked why people enjoyed the second one so much, trying to look at her eyes rather than down.

" That's because they are all laced with a touch of morphine. "

And I got a bigger than usual grin on my face. " OK by me. "

Now remember, don't spread this. And I did get home safely.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

fox

I got my shot yesterday. On the first shot I had chills on days 2 and 3. This is now 28 hours since my 2nd shot. My arm hurt slightly last night; now that is almost gone. No other effects are evident. I guess I got morphine with mine, too.  :)
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

I had some chills with the first shot but it was the arm that really hurt, for about 3 days. It's funny because for the first 4 hours after I got the shot it was fine, couldn't even find where they had given the shot by touch. Then, omg, the pain, "boss, the paaaaaain". I had Moderna. We should have a topic where everyone can post which vaccines they got and their side effects. :D

Buster: I hope I get Julia next time.
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

fox

My wife got Moderna for both shots. She had "Covid arm" starting 8 days after the first shot, but almost no symptoms after the second, and it has been 11 days.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

BrianP

Tuesday is not good for me but any other day would be fine for me. Just let me know..  If we break off into groups of 4 we could do beers too.. :D

Jason

Quote from: BrianP on June 19, 2021, 09:08:41 PM
Tuesday is not good for me but any other day would be fine for me. Just let me know..  If we break off into groups of 4 we could do beers too.. :D

The updated public health measures in step 1 now state we can have outdoor gatherings with up to 10 people as long as we're physically distanced.

This meeting already happened, Brian, and we had it on a Wednesday but we should have another in a couple of weeks if there's sufficient interest.

ssfc72

My first COVID vaccine shot was Moderna.  I did not have any soreness in the arm right after the shot but by that night I did have a slight soreness right at the spot where the needle was given.  The soreness lasted for about 2 days.
I will let you know after this Monday about about my second shot, since I get the jab on Monday. :-)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

buster

First shot - no effects.
Second shot - minor soreness that evening and early next morning. Nothing really noticeable.

This actually bothered me a bit, that I had no reaction. I would have thought that my body should have jumped to the threat entering my arm, and fought valiantly, leaving death and pain on the battlefield.

Maybe my system is so efficient the battle was over in a matter of seconds. I rather suspect my body was staring around in a confused manner saying, "Isn't there something I should be doing now? Nothing detected on the radar though."

Jason

Quote from: buster on June 20, 2021, 04:36:19 PM
This actually bothered me a bit, that I had no reaction. I would have thought that my body should have jumped to the threat entering my arm, and fought valiantly, leaving death and pain on the battlefield.

It's bothered me when I had the flu shot for the same reason. But I've seen videos and articles from reliable sources that explain it's nothing to be concerned about. However, they didn't explain why. My hypothesis is that you've been exposed to the virus already at some point and your system fought it off or you had and didn't notice because you were asymptomatic. Evidently in New York City, 10% of the population had it or had built immunity to it. I don't remember which. They don't even know why some people get it and have no symptoms, some have symptoms and some almost die from it. Comorbidities are involved in many of the severe cases but in some, they had none and still ended up in the ICU or on a ventilator.

buster

Like wow man. 'Comorbidities' is like a really big word. And I'm like one of the 2.3% of the population that knows what it means. Like dude, we're brothers man. And like, Australian red is like a really good father's day wine man.

Jason

Quote from: buster on June 20, 2021, 06:31:24 PM
Like wow man. 'Comorbidities' is like a really big word. And I'm like one of the 2.3% of the population that knows what it means. Like dude, we're brothers man. And like, Australian red is like a really good father's day wine man.

LOL So the "like brothers" comment is because of the wine? :)

kalabaster

I'm all game if it is by the pet store. I am not looking to pick up but rather to drop off. A few stray penguins sauntered into my yard and I captured them and was hoping to ditch them somewhere !
MACbook Pro 1501, Catalina| ASUS ROG Crosshair AMD PCLinux | HP AIO Elite, Win 10 Pro| HP Folio 14, Win 10 Pro| ASUS M32CD, PCLinux/Trinity

kalabaster

Quote from: Jason on June 20, 2021, 08:39:54 PM
LOL So the "like brothers" comment is because of the wine? :)
I'm not so much worried about the Comorbidities as I am the Troglodities. They were a band from the 60's and they wailed sumtin' awesome !
MACbook Pro 1501, Catalina| ASUS ROG Crosshair AMD PCLinux | HP AIO Elite, Win 10 Pro| HP Folio 14, Win 10 Pro| ASUS M32CD, PCLinux/Trinity

buster

"A few stray penguins sauntered into my yard and I captured them and was hoping to ditch them somewhere ! "

My god. You have that problem too? There are penguins all over the north end of Peterborough.