• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG Meetup, next Monday May 9, 2 pm?? Tim Hortons, Monaghan Rd.

Started by ssfc72, May 01, 2022, 09:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

I am looking at the weather forecast for some warm sunny weather and Monday May 9, looks to be good day for a meetup.
The usual parking lot location, out front of the Pet Smart store.

Let me know if you can attend.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

William

Can't do during weekdays.  Also, it's difficult to justify $50 drive, unless there is some meat at the end of the journey.  (hint...)

fox

Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

ssfc72

Hi William. For the next PLUG meetup I will try for a weekend, so that you might be able to attend.

Quote from: William on May 01, 2022, 11:24:02 PM
Can't do during weekdays.  Also, it's difficult to justify $50 drive, unless there is some meat at the end of the journey.  (hint...)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)

buster

I'm guessing that 'meat' at the end of the expensive drive means

a) a free meal

b) a Linux meeting with some kind of learning experience that involves Linux

c) a take-away dead animal

Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

So far, there is only 1 "maybe" for a meetup for this monday.
I will post a message at noon on Sunday, if the meetup is a go.

ssfc72

Ok, there is not enough interest in a meetup for tomorrow afternnon (Monday), so I am cancelling the event.
Maybe I will try again, in a month from now.

Jason

I hope we can try to do another one soon. Thanks for trying, Bill!

Fox mentioned the idea of visiting a pub or restaurant with an outdoor seating area. Sitting down for a drink or a burger might incentivize some members to come out (who normally don't). Maybe we could think about that. I wish Tim Horton's had a patio.

I don't know how everyone else feels but I'm comfortable with outdoor dining as long as everyone has all their shots. I know that might mean one booster for some (like me) and two for others. I probably wouldn't stick around for more than an hour just to be on the safe side.

My wife is at higher risk so I have to be careful. I'm not worried about myself but don't want to pass anything to you guys either.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

kalabaster

Don't give up on the Oshawa possey. We like to come in 3's as this is the most cost effective method. We compensate the limo driver with, well, . .. meat ! In many cases road kill will do. I'll discuss with the chums and see where our hearts and minds are ? ? Luv is a many splendid thing and we Luv  :-* you guys !  June is a busy month typically, but the weekend option sounds doable.
MACbook Pro 1501, Catalina| ASUS ROG Crosshair AMD PCLinux | HP AIO Elite, Win 10 Pro| HP Folio 14, Win 10 Pro| ASUS M32CD, PCLinux/Trinity

buster

"Luv is a many splendid thing and we Luv  :-* you guys ! "

This is so sudden. (Blush)
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

Ok, Kal, I will look for a nice day weather wise, for a weekend day meetup. This coming weekend looks to be raining, so that is out.