• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Three Days of Frost - an excellent BBC audio play of Detective Jack Frost

Started by ssfc72, May 17, 2021, 08:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx6kWW4KIvk

An excellent BBC Saturday Night Theatre radio play, adaptation of the W. D. Wingfield novel, A Killing Frost.

I really enjoyed the TV series of Jack Frost with the English actor David Frost.  This radio play is also top notch.
The character Jack Frost has a very good way of using sarcasm. :-)   The ending of the story, sadly, is not very happy.

Author info - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._D._Wingfield
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

I hadn't heard of the author, no surprise there, it's a bit before my time but it's interesting that he was first published in Canada. It's not often that a Canadian publishing company gets first dibs on a book even if they rejected it initially. At least, as far as I know. I'm sure Buster knows better and will promptly educate me on the matter for which I will be eternally grateful. I'm not being sarcastic. I like learning facts even when I'm wrong (usually when I can get past cognitive dissonance). They stand out because it's so seldom that I am ;)
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

It is interesting to me, that in the story, Frost tells of the death of his wife, in the hospital and that the marriage was apparently not that good.
In real life, the author also had his wife pass away.  I wonder if perhaps his marriage, was also not a happy one?
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

That certainly sounds plausible. They always say an author should write what they know.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13