• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG Mug, Jitsi video meetup, Wed. May 5, 7:30 pm

Started by ssfc72, May 02, 2021, 12:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

Hello everyone.  Let me know if you are interested in a video meetup for this Wed. evening.
You can attend at anytime after 7:30 pm, if that is better for you.  The meetup usually goes until a least 9 pm.

If there is enough people interested, then I will send out a Link to the meetup at around 7:15 pm Wed.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

ssfc72

Ok, we have enough interest in a video meetup for Wed. evening, so the meeting is a go.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)

cod3poet

Looking forward to taking part in this one, work has been insane so it will be nice to step outside the windows world.
Arch, Windows, Ubuntu, MacOS. In that order. (Definitely 04/2023)
Ryzen9 5950x/128gb/2tbNVME/8TB(Current)Win11
8th gen i7/32gb/1tbNVME(Current)Arch
Macbook Pro 16/2021 m1/32gb(Current)Work
Comptia CNSP / Azure Devops Eng Expert / VMware Certified/ Sec Automation Engineer / Senior SRE

ssfc72

gmiller1977

Gentlemen.....

In future meetings, I suggest, if we are going to get into topics of race and economics, we should be sure to have prevelant data on hand.

Saying "I know so", or "I read so", without a source is in appropriate.

It's a discussion, and at times, a debate.

A debate is a GOOD thing.  We expand our minds, we understand different angles.  Hanging up a Jitsi meeting when you don't get the discussion or answers you want... not so much.

Be well.

buster

When I left it was a friendly evening with people talking about old times and unwinding from a maybe stressful day. Topics were unoffensive and sometimes humorous. Did Donald Trump join in and start spouting? Like what the hell happened?
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

gmiller1977

Apparently drive in movie theatres are a hot topic.

buster

Well golly-gee, I understand perfectly now. Drive-in theatre - a hot topic for sure. I shall let the topic rest.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

Do they have any drive-in theatres around here anymore? And if they do, would they accept a walk-in? :)
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

gmiller1977

There's one in Lindsay.  We should all try and walk in together and get a group rate.

Jason

That'd be hilarious. Sitting in the car parking spots, we'd definitely be socially distanced.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13