• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Total solar eclipse, April 8, Cobourg, ON

Started by ssfc72, February 28, 2024, 04:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

I saw it for about 15 minutes before the clouds covered it. It was about 1/3 coverage then. Many people on the street checked it out with glasses. One person looked without any. There's always one. I found out later that I committed a risky faux pas. I viewed the eclipse with binoculars (while wearing glasses, of course). It was hard to find it because it was so dim. Almost two weeks later, my eyes feel fine. However, I don't recommend it.

About the time of maximum partial coverage (96%), I saw it briefly during a break in the clouds.

It doesn't show up in photos well, but in spots where the sun normally shines through between leaves, you could see crescent shapes instead. Neat. I didn't notice any change in the birds. I thought I did but after talking with my wife, I don't think they did. Your mind can convince you of anything if you expect it. I noticed the streetlights coming on briefly, too.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13