General (non-Linux) > Politics & Society

Covid-19 common sense.

<< < (2/4) > >>

fox:
I'm not as left-wing as Jason, but I am left-of-center, and if my attitude about Covid lockdowns, vaccines, etc. was used to classify my political place on the spectrum, then I am left-wing. I take no pleasure in lockdowns; this is no "left-wing wet dream" for me. I feel badly for local businesses that are suffering during these lockdowns. I feel very badly for the tourist industry. But this Covid is serious stuff, and I think we need to do what we can to stop the spread. I think we could have a more open policy if all people took this seriously, but they clearly don't, as evidenced by the weekly demonstrations in Peterborough, and the Fleming party in a residence that killed a 30 year old student who didn't even attend. Because of things like these, we need rules, including lockdowns when cases shoot through the roof. And we need enforcement of the rules.

Jason:
I was going to say more but Buster Fox said it all. So I'll just say ditto.

gmiller1977:
Canadians still have a place to express their opinions..... protest or not.

The good news is that the vaccinations are going WAY up, so, we should be out of this soon.

Jason:
I was on the list for the Costco pharmacy from three weeks ago when it first opened up for 50+ Ontarians but I hadn't heard anything back. One of my friends was successful in booking an appointment through the Ontario website so I thought I'd give it a shot for the first time today. Earlier in the day, I couldn't find any dates. I planned to try again after midnight but for fun, I decided to check again early evening and I struck gold! There was one appointment available for tomorrow at 11:10 am! That friend I mentioned booked his appointment three days ago and it's for the 23rd. Of course, I lorded it over him. :D

I know you guys all have your shots but I'm still pretty thrilled. My wife has a higher risk level but she doesn't go out. Still, I risked passing it onto her. So in a way, it's like she's being vaccinated, too.

gmiller1977:

--- Quote from: Jason on May 09, 2021, 11:55:09 pm ---I know you guys all have your shots but I'm still pretty thrilled. My wife has a higher risk level but she doesn't go out. Still, I risked passing it onto her. So in a way, it's like she's being vaccinated, too.

--- End quote ---

We have some higher risk individuals in our family as well; members who had bone marrow transplants due to cancer, radition for cancer, etc, pretty horrible stuff really. 

Data shows that being fully vaccinated against COVID doesn't prevent you from sharing it with someone, regardless of their vaccination status.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version