General (non-Linux) > Politics & Society

Covid-19 common sense.

(1/4) > >>

gmiller1977:
I'm actually quite happy to see the push back that has happened with the Ontario government lately with respect to COVID-19.

I've always believed (and said) "show the data".

Closing parks without scientific basis is just wrong.

Policing people doing private business is just wrong.

This article from Macleans is an excellent read (IMHO):

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/how-did-it-come-to-this/

William:
This COVID thing is left-wing's wet dream.  I'm extremely disappointed that Ontario's government, who's supposed to be on the right side of things, is buying into this.  All those people clamoring for lockdown are on public payrolls.  They get paid whether they work or not.  Government's response should be targeted and measured, but they blast shotguns on wrong people.

Jason:

--- Quote from: William on May 05, 2021, 06:13:30 pm ---This COVID thing is left-wing's wet dream.  I'm extremely disappointed that Ontario's government, who's supposed to be on the right side of things, is buying into this.  All those people clamoring for lockdown are on public payrolls.  They get paid whether they work or not.  Government's response should be targeted and measured, but they blast shotguns on wrong people.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps we could avoid such incendiary ad-hominem attacks.

buster:
William wrote "left-wing's wet dream"

Personally at my age, I don't care if its a left-wing's wet dream or a right-wing's wet dream. I would wake up with a smile on my face in either case. And that would be a pleasant way to greet the new day.

Jason:
Nicely done, Buster. Who wouldn't want to wake up from such a dream even if it means the sheets need washing. But honestly, I'm left-wing and I don't get any wet dreams from these lockdowns, sadly. I do wake up in a cold sweat sometimes but I think that's probably unrelated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version