• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Distro Poll

Started by Jason, April 08, 2021, 05:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buster

"I'm still on LinuxLite, cause it does everything I want. It is an Ubuntu derivative.
It's getting time to do a total re-install soon, have not decided what to try. "

Are you looking for something new to try, or at the end of the LinuxLite series that requires a full update? If the latter, there is a way to do it so the /home is not lost. Ssfc72 has done this with Mint one way and I have done it another way.

LinuxLite is a great system that just works and is very straightforward. So if you want to keep it, just ask how.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

gmiller1977

I had heard of LinuxLite before, but with recent chats about it, I looked into it. 

I have to say, it's pretty neat.  Ubuntu LTS build, decent interface, a mission statement.

I may have to check it out some time.

kalabaster

deepin   15.4  (3)*
Mint               (2)
Knoppix   8.1  (1)
PCLinux 19.17 (1)*

* dual booted
MACbook Pro 1501, Catalina| ASUS ROG Crosshair AMD PCLinux | HP AIO Elite, Win 10 Pro| HP Folio 14, Win 10 Pro| ASUS M32CD, PCLinux/Trinity

Jason

Damn, son! You have a lot of computers, almost as many as Buster, I think! We keep it pretty clean and simple here. Two desktops (one doesn't work at the moment) and a laptop. One runs Windows 10 Pro (wife's machine) and my laptop is running Zorin OS Core at the moment. Not sure if the RPi 3 really counts as it's not actively used. It's more just to "diddle" with. ;)

But we also have three tablets and a phone, none of which really count although the tablets are good enough to do casual gaming on.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13