• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Quark: Another Windows 10 Look-a-like (TechRadar)

Started by Jason, April 06, 2021, 12:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buster

'If you have a Firefox account, it will remember passwords across distros and even operating systems.'

I don't have and never have had a Firefox account. The only time I have ever seen the stealing of passwords from host to guest is with Quark and Kubuntu, and both use Plasma. A coincidence? I think not!
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

Were you signed into Firefox, Buster? As Fox says, it will sync if you created an account for doing that. Google has the same feature in their Chrome browser. It's handy if you're prone to losing your bookmarks because you forgot to back them up before wiping out the drive during a re-install.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

I have no accounts for any browser. Every OS has a unique set of bookmarks and options.

Jason

Quote from: buster on May 03, 2021, 05:59:18 PM
I have no accounts for any browser. Every OS has a unique set of bookmarks and options.

Strange. I can't see why that would happen then. Unless you put your bookmarks in a shared directory or imported them and then just forgot. I mean, after all, you are over 80. ;-)
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

Jason wrote, "Strange. I can't see why that would happen then."

Two quotes:

Hamlet: ââ,¬ËœThere are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophyââ,¬â,,¢

Billy-bob the Mystic: 'There is magic everywhere in our world, sometimes in the most unexpected places. And some of it is malevolent.'