• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG Mug Jitsi video meetup, Wed. March 31, 7:30 pm

Started by ssfc72, March 29, 2021, 05:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

Hello everyone.  Let me know if you are interested in a video meetup for this Wed. evening.
You can attend at anytime after 7:30 pm, if that is better for you.  The meetup usually goes until a least 9 pm.

If there is enough people interested, then I will send out a Link to the meetup at around 7:15 pm Wed.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

ssfc72

Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)

ssfc72

ssfc72

We had a good video meetup last evening.  There was Glen M, Brian P, Glen G, Hugh, Kal, Llyod and myself.
A couple of people in the group have had the COVID shot and they did not have to wait hardly at all, at the clinic, for the shot to be given and they did not have any ill effects other than slight soreness, for a few hours, at the spot where the needle was given.

I mentioned that I started using a different free Income Tax software program this year, GenuTax and I found it to be not as easy to use as my usual tax program, StudioTax.  The GenuTax made me answer a lot of questions that didn't apply to me and when I got into the Capital Gains reporting section, I gave up on it and went back to using StudioTax.  I may also try FutureTax, since it will run under Linux using Wine.

We had quite a discussion on goods coming from China and whether people are going to start wanting to buy their goods from a country other than China.

I also spoke about the Astrazeneca vacine and it's issue with blood clotting. I had blood clots in my legs, when I was in the hospital, from my motorcycle accident back in 2011.  I am wondering if I should stay away from the Astrazeneca shot?

gmiller1977

It was a lively meeting at the end for sure LOL.  We talked until the wee hours of the morning, and then Hugh and I chatted further until about 1:15am.

Not sure if you were present for it or not, but, we also discussed brisket and different types of smoking practicies.  Lloyd also mentioned that he got a couple of 10TB HDDs

I mentioned that I was using my cell phone for a data connection last night as I'm up north.  During the entire discussion (from 7:30PM to when it ended after 1am), I only used 3GB of data.  I thought that was pretty impressive that jitsi is capable of sending such good quality video and I didn't blow over my data plan.

Jason

3 GB for 5 1/2 hours. That's pretty amazing. As well as the chat going on that long! Did you note what resolution you were at?
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

gmiller1977

Quote from: Jason on April 01, 2021, 12:29:22 PM
3 GB for 5 1/2 hours. That's pretty amazing. As well as the chat going on that long! Did you note what resolution you were at?

I did not, I just leave it at the defaults that Jitsi uses.  There were at least 4 other members that had their cameras on too, as well as the mysterious Hugh who was voice only.  I was really surprised with the efficiency.