• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

7 inch Fire Tablet

Started by gmiller1977, February 28, 2021, 01:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmiller1977

Can anyone here use a 7 inch Amazon Fire Tablet?  I bought it for my daughter for road trips, but it was hardly ever used.

It's in fantastic shape, and does Kindle, Prime, Netflix, Disney+, etc and can connect to local libraries for Overdrive, Libby, etc for electronic book lending.

I'm happy to drop it off in the Kawartha/Peterborough area.  Just looking for a home for it.  Not sure if I have the charger for it, but it uses a standard Micro USB connection.

Legal disclaimer:

We have no pets, don't smoke, don't have COVID, ebola, or any other known diseases or illness :)

Jason

Does that mean it's free? I'd love it, please. I've always wanted to try one and I like reading. Be nice to have a device devoted to that. It may also be better for my brother who's in the hospital long-term since it's not so big as the 10" he has now and therefore to hold in his hands. I'm in the south end of Peterborough. If someone else hasn't already spoken for it, message me and I'll give you my address details.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

gmiller1977

Quote from: Jason Wallwork on February 28, 2021, 08:32:39 PM
Does that mean it's free? I'd love it, please. I've always wanted to try one and I like reading. Be nice to have a device devoted to that. It may also be better for my brother who's in the hospital long-term since it's not so big as the 10" he has now and therefore to hold in his hands. I'm in the south end of Peterborough. If someone else hasn't already spoken for it, message me and I'll give you my address details.

It's yours!  If you want to email me your address to my PLUG email account, I can arrange to drop it off.

To be honest, I've got a few other items around here that I'm going to be looking for a home for.  Does anyone have kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, etc in the 12 and under age bracket?

Jason

Awesome! Will send you my address now.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13